These days banks are less likely to offer their customers traditional savings accounts like they used to.
Many of them have opted for only offering certificates of deposit or CD’s that tie up your money for long periods of time.
This left the consumer without a simple way to put money aside for a rainy day or a family vacation.
Fortunately, there is an app for that, and one of the best all-around automatic savings account app is called Qapital.
- Qapital is a new way to bank that lets you save for the things you want, just by doing the things you do
- Fees: $3/month for Basic; $6/month for Complete; $12/month for Master
- Minimum Investment: $10
- This app makes saving is effortless, motivating, and even a little fun
- Rounds up change to nearest dollar and moves it into savings
- Allows specific goals to be set and named
- Click here to sign up for free.
Want free money?
- Aspiration: Want to get spotted a $100 for free? Simply sign up for Aspiration, and the free banking app will give you cash for free, you just relax while it gives you $100 just for opening a new debit card. There’s no catch. This bank account is legit and only takes two minutes to sign up for an account.
|Bonus: SavingJunkie readers will get an extra $5 just for signing up!|
What is Qapital?
This article is designed to be a Qapital Review in order to help you understand more about savings app and what it can do for you.
Saving ‘just because’ is fine, but saving for something special is fun. Qapital helps you get there faster with Goals and Rules – two clever ways to supercharge your saving with little effort. Plus you can even team up with others to reach joint goals.
Use this link to sign up for Qapital to get a free $5.00 after your first deposit: Qapital Bonus Link
The Qapital App and banking accounts work synergistically to help you build savings toward a specific goal that you have set up within the app. Every time you swipe your special Qapital VISA debit card to make a purchase, the change is deposited in an interest-bearing savings account. The app handles all of the heavy liftings, which leaves you free to do the more important things in your life.
It provides you with alerts and notifications of important actions with your accounts. Everything happens in real time, no annoying delays, which are often associated with traditional banks and other financial institutions. The app tracks and makes available with the tap all of your account information when you want it and need it the most.
All of your money is readily available without any delays in access to available funds like you frequently find with traditional banks. Another great feature of the app is the setting up of savings goals in order to help you have a sense of purpose for the saving of your money. It is a well-known fact that people tend to save more money if they have a specific goal for it.
Qapital in Action
How Does Qapital Work?
The Qapital app includes a unique way to help you save money by including a savings goal feature.
After creating a goal in the app, every swipe you make using the Qapital VISA debit card the change from your purchase is deposited in your savings account and helps to put you that much closer to your goal.
All accounts are actually interest-earning and there are
no fees (now offer three paid membership tiers) associated with transactions or monthly or annual fees either.
You are able to easily transfer funds into and from all of your accounts without any delays or limits on the number or amounts of money to be transferred.
The funds in your savings account are locked away until you have reached your goal established in order to help you stay on track to reaching the set goal.
All transactions and notifications are handled in real-time, so there are no surprises that can be quite annoying when they happen with a traditional bank.
Each account is strongly protected for your safety with a fingerprint ID required for the app, each account is insured FDIC insured up to $250,000.00.
You can also lock your account remotely from the app if you suspect any fraudulent activity on your account.
- Basic ($3/month): For members that want to solely focus on building their savings to meet short-term goals, Qapital Basic offers unlimited Savings Goals with customizable, automated Rules.
- Complete ($6/month): For members seeking a goal-based view of their entire financial lives, Qapital Complete is an all-in-one financial solution. Unlike traditional banks, Qapital’s suite of saving, spending, budgeting, and investing tools work seamlessly together to help find the perfect balance between spending in the present and planning for the future.
- Master ($12/month): For members that want an even greater understanding of their relationship with money, Qapital Master offers all of the tools of Qapital Complete, plus exclusive webinars by our Qapital experts and in-app challenges designed to bring mindfulness and meaning to financial decisions.
As part of the new Qapital, they’ve added some exciting features that are accessible with membership in their higher tiers. Available in your app now are:
- Payday Divvy (Complete): Pay yourself first by setting aside money for your expenses, your Goals, and your everyday spending as soon as your paycheck arrives.
- Spending Sweet Spot (Complete): (It’s the new Weekly Spending Target.) Find a budget for all of your weekly expenses, become mindful of where and how you’re spending, and use that insight to find a spending amount that makes you happy.
- Money Missions (Master): Accept fun and meaningful challenges that were developed by behavioral economists to help you spend your money in ways that optimize your happiness.
I know investing can be intimidating. But it’s key to a goal-based financial strategy, especially for bigger, long-term goals. So I’m happy that Qapital finally created a new kind of investing tool true to their mission of empowering people to achieve financial happiness. They wanted to make investing simple, accessible, and affordable — and that’s Qapital Invest.
Now, you can invest just as easily as you save, by setting a Goal and funding it with the customizable, automated rules. They’ve done a great job of eliminating the burden of buying and selling, diversifying, and complex choices — instead, they match you with one of their pre-built portfolios based on your Goals, time frame, and investing style.
Qapital Invest has zero management fees, unlike other financial institutions that charge a percentage of your balance, add trade commissions, or sneak in other fees. Instead, Qapital Invest is part of the simple all-in-one pricing that we announced recently. And remember, as an existing Qapital user, it’s available to you for free.
Are you ready to do this? Start investing today!
Is Qapital Safe?
It is important to want to make sure the apps you have installed and are using are safe. If you are wondefing if Qapital is safe, then you should know that Qapital is secured with the latest and strongest SSL (Security Sockets Layer) and TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption standards. Bank communication is only transmitted over encrypted end point, and your personal info like Social Security Numbers and login information is never stored on Qapital Servers.
- “Qapital has helped millennials save money. Now it wants to help them invest.” – FastCompany
- “Qapital offers portfolios that match the length of the goal with how to invest…What’s the advantage of the goals-based approach? It helps temper spending.” – Forbes
- “Using certain principles of behavioral economics, Qapital tries to encourage users to save money towards goals and make better financial choices overall.” – TechCrunch
|Capital One Shopping|
Amazon doesn't want you to know about this plugin. Learn about a little known plugin that tells you if you're getting the best price on Amazon.
Acorns lets you invest your spare change automatically and join almost 4,000,000 people saving and investing every day.
Ibotta is a free app that allows you to earn cash back both in-store and online. It is well worth the little bit of time it takes to download, configure, and use.
Trim delivers on its promise to save you money effortlessly. You can use it to cancel unwanted subscriptions and bill negotiations.
Rakuten is a must-have. They offer cash back as high as 10% for some stores. So if you are shopping at Target and you buy something for $500, you'll get $50 in cash back.
Qapital Review Summary
Hopefully, this Qapital review has provided you with enough information of the app and the associated accounts.
If you are looking for more information about the app, just click here.
Commissions & Fees8.0/10
Ease of Use8.0/10
- This app makes saving is effortless, motivating, and even a little fun.
- Completely free - No fees.
- Allows specific goals to be set and named.
- Similar to other round-up saving apps but it has no monthly fees whatsoever.
- Qapital Spending Digital Wallet, can connect your Qapital Visa debit card into your digital wallet like Apple Pay or on Android devices.
- No website access, only via mobile.
- No customer service available through phone, just online support.
- You won't earn money (interest earned) on the money you're saving.